[kronolith] All Day Marking and Android

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at buongiorno.com
Mon Nov 28 15:24:44 UTC 2011

Hi

I've noticed (or at least been able to replicate with 2 different
accounts/devices) that when syncing all-day Kronotlith events (such as
birthdays or vacations) that they show up in the Android device as 24
hour events (meaning that the entire 24 hours is blocked out instead
of just the notification across the top of the day concerned.  If you
then edit the event on the Android event to be full-day (it is not
shown as ticked) and save it, it displays correctly, with no apparent
change on the server and future synchronisations of that event (say if
you move it, or sync to another Android device) work as intended.  Is
this a bug?  Because I'm not looking forward to editing the 50-odd
full-day events in my calendar by hand.  Nor am I looking forward to
telling my users to do this if they want it to look the same as the
full-day even created on the phone.  In my opinion event's in
Kronolith marked as all-day events should show up on the phone not
blocking out all 24 hours.

Whilst in the edit-event view on the device the repetition is shown as
: Custom (cannot customise on phone).  But if I change it to yearly
(or monthly) on the device and save it again it appears to not make a
change to the server but will show up correctly on future
synchronisations.  The repetition should show up as weekly, monthly,
yearly (for example, Yearly (on November 28) ) as needed and not as
custom.

I'm not sure if this is a sync issues (and therefore on the wrong
list) or a bug in the way these events are stored and therefore a
Kronolith issue.

Thanks.

Simon