[kronolith] using e-mail instead of username in free/busy URL

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Feb 9 23:46:29 UTC 2012

Zitat von Roman Kurdel <roman.kurdel at bluedrm.com>:

> Is it possible to set Kronolith that it will use email address in
> Free/Busy URL after fb.php?u= instead of username?

No, and it doesn't make sense because users could have several email
addresses and two users could even enter the same address.

> Email can be used from ldap tree or default identity.
>
> Setting email as username would off course solve this but it creates
> another problem because groups in ldap are set to work with uids and
> I would like to not have to change anything there.
>
> If someone is curious I want to have email address in free busy url
> because of freebusy addon to thunderbird which is able to read those
> files but it matches them to email addresses.

What does one have to do with the other? Free/busy information is
*always* linked to email addresses, even in Kronolith, but that
doesn't mean that the f/b URL has to contain it.
Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/