[kronolith] using e-mail instead of username in free/busy URL

Roman Kurdel roman.kurdel at bluedrm.com
Fri Feb 10 07:26:03 UTC 2012

On 2/10/12 12:46 AM, Jan Schneider wrote:

> Zitat von Roman Kurdel <roman.kurdel at bluedrm.com>:
>
>> Is it possible to set Kronolith that it will use email address in
>> Free/Busy URL after fb.php?u= instead of username?
>
> No, and it doesn't make sense because users could have several email
> addresses and two users could even enter the same address.
In my case this might not be big problem as I have users in ldap which
have strictly just one email address there because of other application
that need it that way. They don't have write rights there so I would
just have to make sure that I don't make mistake and set two users with
same address.

>> Email can be used from ldap tree or default identity.
>>
>> Setting email as username would off course solve this but it creates
>> another problem because groups in ldap are set to work with uids and
>> I would like to not have to change anything there.
>>
>> If someone is curious I want to have email address in free busy url
>> because of freebusy addon to thunderbird which is able to read those
>> files but it matches them to email addresses.
>
> What does one have to do with the other? Free/busy information is
> *always* linked to email addresses, even in Kronolith, but that
> doesn't mean that the f/b URL has to contain it.
> Jan.

What I meant is that in that addon you have to set "When contact email
matches":*
"FB URL is": https://horde.example.com/kronolith/fb.php?u=*
It uses that asterisk to match between those two. So when I would like
to invite to my event user with email address example at example.com it
would try to look for his FB URL in
https://horde.example.com/kronolith/fb.php?u=example@example.com.

--