[kronolith] Kronolith <-> Sunbird via iCalendar / webDAV + Attendance

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Apr 3 08:50:11 UTC 2012

Zitat von FS <fs at unique-internet.de>:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm currently setting up Kronolith as a replacement for our previous
> calendar solution, eGroupware. We are interested only in calendar
> functionality, a purely web based approach would be fine with us just as
> anything that would integrate into our MUA (Thunderbird).
>
> Both options are possible with Kronolith as I understand, the web UI is
> really nice and there is WebDAV+iCalendar based interaction with Lightning.
>
> Here I already ran into the first issue: What is the correct ics URL for
> a users calendar? I tried
>
>> rpc.php/kronolith/user/user.ics
>
> as well as
>
>> rpc.php/kronolith/user.ics
>
> and it didn't work. Enabling DEBUG in the horde config and checking the
> SQL requests in the log as well as the php source, I figured that
> Kronolith searches for the username in the share_name field of the
> sharesng table. That however only contains IDs for me:

Don't guess URLs. Use the URLs that Kronolith tells you to use.

>> mysql> SELECT share_name FROM horde.kronolith_sharesng;
>> +-------------------------+
>> | share_name              |
>> +-------------------------+
>> | 6igzNkahqW5Pdv9gkhEnhEA |
>> | LeisQEahqW5PZhXJq-G3inA |
>> | uIUnM0ahqW5PZhiJjUtnpeA |
>> +-------------------------+
>
> After adopting the .ics URL to
>
>> rpc.php/kronolith/user/LeisQEahqW5PZhXJq.ics
>
> I was able to access my calendar and create new events via Lightning. Is
> that URL visible anywhere within Kronolith? Or is there any other URL
> that is based on the username only instead of a random string?

It's displayed in the calendar dialog.

> ==
>
> My second question involves the attendance status updates and how the
> events are shared across users that are handled on the same Kronolith
> server. Given that a user adds an event to his personal, not shared
> calendar, adds attendants that are known to Kronolith and checks to
> notify them per email. Do I understand correctly that
>
> (1) When the recipient of such an email uses the URL (accept, accept
>     tentatively or decline) within the email to accept the event,
>     Kronolith does *not* offer the user to add the event to his own
>     calendar, even though the email address of the user and hence the
>     information which account belongs to that user is contained in that
>     URL?

Yes. And that information doesn't mean anything to Horde, because it
could be *any* email address. If the recipients wants to integrate
this request in Kronolith again, he has to use the Horde webmail client.

> (2) When the recipient does not use the URLs in the body of the email
>     but uses Lightning to accept + add the event to his WebDAV
>     connected Kronolith calendar, the other attendees of the event will
>     not be updated internally?

No, but that won't happen anyway. Attendee updates are always only
send to the event organizer. With any client.

> If both of them are the case, is there any near future plan to implement
> any of this?

No, because the current behavior is correct.

--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project