[kronolith] Kronolith <-> Sunbird via iCalendar / webDAV + Attendance

Sebastian Arcus shop at open-t.co.uk
Tue Apr 3 11:27:03 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 03/04/12 09:50, Jan Schneider wrote:

> Zitat von FS <fs at unique-internet.de>:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I'm currently setting up Kronolith as a replacement for our previous
>> calendar solution, eGroupware. We are interested only in calendar
>> functionality, a purely web based approach would be fine with us just as
>> anything that would integrate into our MUA (Thunderbird).
>>
>> Both options are possible with Kronolith as I understand, the web UI is
>> really nice and there is WebDAV+iCalendar based interaction with
>> Lightning.

Not a direct answer to your questions - but just in case it might help.
I've tried Lightning with remote calendars (mostly Webdav and ics) - and
I found the performance once the calendar goes beyond roughly 1000
entries is pretty awful. It doesn't look like the Lightning interface is
multi-threaded - so every time it syncs with the remote calendar it just
freezes the entire application. I've been really dissapointed for a
while now about how little effort Mozilla Foundation is putting into the
Lightning/Sunbird development - when they have plenty of resources to
chase pipe dreams, such as turning Firefox into a gaming platform and
other similar non-sense.