[kronolith] kronolith: two post-install snags

cjdl01 cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com
Thu Sep 20 16:24:55 UTC 2012

> Zitat von cjdl01 <cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com>:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have recently upgraded to kronolith 3.0.17.  There are two issues
>> I am noticing.  Both issues apply to sending invitations to people
>> who do not use my horde server.
>>
>> Issue #1: When sending an invite to an external email address (e.g.
>> gmail), the time of the meeting does not come through.  Instead, it
>> reads "%r" for "Start" and "End".  Apparently, this was true before
>> the upgrade, but I had hoped the upgrade would fix this.
>
> Where does it show this? There a 3 different message parts with the
> event information.
>
>> Issue #2: When sending an invite to an external email address (e.g.
>> gmail), clicking the "accept", "accept tentatively" and "decline"
>> links do not work.  They redirect to the ~/kronolith/attend page on
>> my server, but an email is never sent to the initiator of the
>> meeting (the one who invited the other).  This used to work before
>> the upgrade.
>
> No, it never did this. Using the attend.php script, the event is
> updated right away, without using email notifications.

Okay, so I think I understand what is going on here (for the second
issue, not for the %r issue).  It looks like gmail was a bad example
because gmail is smart enough to actually USE the ics file.  People
are seeing the invitation within the gmail interface, and are
responding from there.  I was assuming they were clicking the
"Accept", "Accept tentatively" or "decline" links provided in the
invite itself.  I just didn't anticipate gmail being that smart. :)
So I get where you are coming from here, Jan.  Thanks.

Still love to hear your input on the %r issue, however (though you may
need to check your personal email for the attachment, it doesn't look
like the list will allow it through).

-Chris