[kronolith] Help with calendar sync

Hip-HiPpO arthur at cdne.net
Thu Nov 1 06:00:59 UTC 2012

I am seeking help with kronolith and calendar sync.  I am trying to sync
with Evolution and I get an error that says "Bad file format".  Horde
version 4.0.8 and Kronolith version 3.0.17.  This is a new and fairly
standard install.

I am using a URL like for an 'On the Web' type calendar
webcal://192.168.0.99/webmail/rpc.php/kronolith/username.ics

I receive the authentication popup and input the proper credentials.
Then I receive the "Bad file format" error.

If I change the URL to read
webcal://192.168.0.99/webmail/rpc.php/kronolith/username/username.ics,
then I get a "File not found" error

I can make a request with a browser to
http://192.168.0.99/webmail/rpc.php/kronolith/username.ics

I get the authentication and then a popup to open or save the
username.ics file.  After saving, the ics file is 0 bytes.

I've tried with similar settings using Lightning, however, I receive no
errors.  I use Tools-> Error Console in Thunderbird and there are no
errors associated with the sync event and no calendar events ever appear
on the Lightning calendar.

I did install WebDAV using pear as follows
pear install HTTP_WebDAV_Server-beta

Thank you for your help