[kronolith] editing shared calendar properties

Jens-Uwe Mozdzen jmozdzen at nde.ag
Sun Jan 13 14:10:07 UTC 2013

Hi Jan,

Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>
> Zitat von "Jens-U. Mozdzen" <jmozdzen at nde.ag>:
>
>> Hi *,
>>
>> I'm using latest (PEAR) Horde 5, kronolith 4.0.3, with Kolab backend.
>>
>> We have created a shared calendar via Kolab, seen in my account as
>> "shared.vacation". Already via the default permissions as created in
>> the IMAP backend via Kolab, I could make entries in that calendar.
>>
>> But unfortunately, that calendar is displaying it's entries in grey
>> and I'd need a more prominent color. When I access the calendar's
>> properties via the pen icon, I cannot change anything, which I
>> attributed to my access permissions to that IMAP store.
>>
>> But even after changing these to maximum, logging off, clearing the
>> Horde cache and restarting the httpd, I still cannot change any
>> property.
>>
>> It looks like those settings are stored in a folder annotation
>> ("/vendor/horde/share-params"), including display color and
>> description. What does Horde require to change that? When I run
>> cyradm as my user and try to set the annotation, that works fine:
>>
>> --- cut here ---
>> 127.0.0.1> mboxcfg shared.vacation /vendor/horde/share-params
>> YToxOntzOjU6XCJjb2xvclwiO3M6NzpcIiMwMGZmMDBcIjt9
>> 127.0.0.1> info shared.vacation
>> {shared.vacation}:
>>   condstore: true
>>   duplicatedeliver: false
>>   lastpop:
>>   lastupdate: 11-Jan-2013 19:19:07 +0100
>>   partition: default
>>   sharedseen: false
>>   size: 5400
>>   share-params: YToxOntzOjU6XCJjb2xvclwiO3M6NzpcIiMwMGZmMDBcIjt9
>>   folder-type: event
>> 127.0.0.1>
>> --- cut here ---
>>
>> Regards,
>> Jens
>
> Only share owners can change share properties.

pardon my ignorance, but in case of a resource created under "shared",
who'd be the owner? How might I find out (IOW, how does Horde
determine the owner)?

If it's the user that created the share ("IMAP directory"), that'd be
the special Kolab user that is defined as the Kolab admin... and is
defined to Horde as an admin as well. Since it's the Horde admin, that
user cannot access the kronolith dialogs to edit the folder
properties: When I log in to Horde as an admin, all other applications
but Horde itself are unavailable.

If it's detected by checking that the resource is in the (current
user's) personal name space, then nobody ever would be the owner: The
resource is only available under "shared".

If the above is true, then I'd have no current way to edit the
properties, but manually. Could you point me to a place (in the code
or docs) where I might find out the structure of the "share-params"
attribute? As you probably have already determined from my quoted
value above, my manual approach currently only tries to set the
display color, which did not show any effect after re-login to
Horde/kronolith.

With regards,
Jens
--
Jens-U. Mozdzen                         voice   : +49-40-559 51 75
NDE Netzdesign und -entwicklung AG      fax     : +49-40-559 51 77
D-22423 Hamburg                         e-mail  : jmozdzen at nde.ag

         Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrates: Angelika Mozdzen
           Sitz und Registergericht: Hamburg, HRB 90934
                   Vorstand: Jens-U. Mozdzen
                    USt-IdNr. DE 814 013 983