[kronolith] ActiveSync editing bug

Simon Brereton simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 23:24:09 UTC 2013

Hi

I think this was raised once before and I thought it was going to be
fixed.  I don't know if it was, or not, or maybe it's me and my
set-up.

Test
Create an all day appointment (in any time-zone) in Kronolith - say a
birthday or some such.
This will sync with an ActiveSync device
Use the ActiveSync device to edit the appointment for any reason
including changing the day, or the timezone, or the alarm.  (However,
more often than not it's because the appointments arrives as a solid
24-hr block in my client's calendar than as the thin all day
notification.
Expectation is that the edits will accurately reflect the
appointment's new conditions.

Reality is that a day is added to the appointment and the edits show.
And this addition occurs every subsequent edit.

So, if I create an all-day appointment, edit it on the phone (usually
an Android), then a day is added and the appointment is now a 48 hour
block appointment instead of an all-day appointment.  Edit it again to
correct that and it's a 72 hour block appointment.

In principle this means I can only ever use the web-interface for
editing my appointments (I have a lot of all day appointments
reflecting staff scheduling.

The second issue is that the alarm is 6 hours off.  The server is set
to UTC.  Horde5/Kronolith6 has a clean database which has always been
UTC.  If the appointment is in GMT-5 and the alarm is set for 5
minutes, it will go off 6 hours and 5 minutes before it's due if I'm
on the east coast, and ditto if the appointment is GMT+1.

What can I do to diagnose this?

Simon