[kronolith] "accept" vs "accept and add to my calendar"

Jens-U. Mozdzen jmozdzen at nde.ag
Mon Feb 25 14:40:15 UTC 2013

Hi Andrei,

Zitat von Calendar Debug <calendar-debug at gbif.org>:
> Hello,
>
> With Kronolith, when a potential attendee receives an email
> invitation from an event organizer, that email looks different in a
> regular MUA (Outlook, MacMail) than in Horde/Imp as it does not
> present the "accept and add to my calendar" option.

that invitation e-mail contains multiple parts - a text/html version
that can be used to display the event information and a standardized
calendar entry, that can be used by the MUA to create a special
display version with MUA-specific features like "add to calendar".

>  Is there a way to have the same capability in the Outlook/MacMail?

It's up to the MUA to select which version to display.

> It is my understanding that presently you cannot subscribe to
> Kronolith R/W from Apple Calendar without overwriting the already
> existing events. The above would enable MacMail users to accept the
> invitation and add the event directly from MacMail.
>
> Or am I completely misunderstanding the way this should be done?!

I cannot qualified answer to this part - but you'd usually have to
have some calendar-specific implementation to handle the invitation -
in other words, MacMail would have to know how to notify kronolith
about (changes in) scheduled events.

Just my 2 cents

Jens