[kronolith] "accept" vs "accept and add to my calendar"

Calendar Debug calendar-debug at gbif.org
Mon Feb 25 15:07:52 UTC 2013

On 02/25/2013 03:40 PM, Jens-U. Mozdzen wrote:
> that invitation e-mail contains multiple parts - a text/html version
> that can be used to display the event information and a standardized
> calendar entry, that can be used by the MUA to create a special
> display version with MUA-specific features like "add to calendar".
>
>>  Is there a way to have the same capability in the Outlook/MacMail?
>
> It's up to the MUA to select which version to display.

Oh but that's only if we're talking a "nice" accept form. But what if
I'm content with only a link/URL?

Currently, if displayed in a "dumb" MUA, the invitation email contains
some helper links for "Accept" , "Tentatively accept" and "Decline". How
could I produce a fourth link a-la "accept and add to my calendar"? I've
attempted to fiddle with the URL from the invitation email naively
changing the "a" parameter from "accept" to "accept-import"... because
the source code of the HTML email in Horde mail has "accept-import" as
the respective form value. Of course, it didn't work.

But the question remains: since an "accept & add" link would be a good
solution for us, is there a way I could get that?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Andrei

PS. This also stems from the fact that I've tried Caldav support with
Outlook/AppleCalendar-MacMail/Thunderbird and there is no option I could
find that actually works between the different clients in spite of the
standards. They all misinterpret invitations/status propagation at one
level or another. An example of a more subtle one: at some point I got
an event created from TB in an Egroupware Caldav, the invitation was
received and event added to the calendar from a Mac, then the status was
successfully propagated back to the Thunderbird initiator. If after that
the Mac attendee decided to change his status from "accepted" do
"declined" (one can change his mind), his status in TB happily remained
"accepted". Oh, TB to TB everything worked flawless I assume this is
also true for Outlook-Outlook and Mac to Mac, but that's not an option
for us. THIS is why an "Accept&update" URL would really be useful for
from my POV....