[kronolith] "accept" vs "accept and add to my calendar"

Jens-U. Mozdzen jmozdzen at nde.ag
Mon Feb 25 15:24:20 UTC 2013

Hi Andrei,

Zitat von Calendar Debug <calendar-debug at gbif.org>:
> On 02/25/2013 03:40 PM, Jens-U. Mozdzen wrote:
>> that invitation e-mail contains multiple parts - a text/html
>> version that can be used to display the event information and a
>> standardized calendar entry, that can be used by the MUA to create
>> a special display version with MUA-specific features like "add to
>> calendar".
>>
>>> Is there a way to have the same capability in the Outlook/MacMail?
>>
>> It's up to the MUA to select which version to display.
>
> Oh but that's only if we're talking a "nice" accept form. But what
> if I'm content with only a link/URL?

I wouldn't like that too much, but that a personal opinion. In
general, that link would have to be generated by the entity sending
the invitation.

If that sending entity would be Horde/kronolith, it would have to
detect that the destination email address is actually linked with a
(local) kronolith calendar, else "ugly" (broken) links would be
contained in the HTML part of the e-mail, that just serve to confuse
the receiving user.

Next, how should that receiving user's context be handled? Is an
active login required? Would the resulting Horde page ask for a login
if the user's currently not logged in? What if Horde's URL is
different for different users? And so on...

A lot of things to check in advance - I wouldn't hold my breath ;) And
generally, that's probably why it is usually considered the receiving
MUA's task and not that of the sending one...

Regards,
Jens