[kronolith] ActiveSync - GalaxyNote 2 - New events not syncying

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu May 30 23:05:18 UTC 2013

Quoting Luis Felipe Marzagao <lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com>:

> Em 27-05-2013 22:26, Michael J Rubinsky escreveu:
>>
>> Quoting Luis Felipe Marzagao <lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com>:

>>> Hello, Michael. Thanks for looking into this.
>>>
>>> Yes, the initial sync works. All the calendars from both accounts
>>> sync correctly in the client.
>>>
>>> The test I'm doing is exactly this: I add the accounts, do the
>>> initial sync, then I add an event on the server and hit sync again
>>> on the client, but this new event does not get pulled. I've tried
>>> serveral times fresh tests (removing the accounts from android
>>> client and doing it over again).

>>> Yes, the event is being added to a synced calendar.
>>>
>>> The default option for how far the events will be synced is two
>>> weeks. But the events I'm testing with are present, in the same or
>>> the next week we are currently in.

>>> I solved the issue by creating several users and each user has
>>> just one of the previous calendars that were held by just one
>>> user. For example, the user "meetings" now has just the "meetings"
>>> calendar, the user "deadlines" owns just the "deadlines" calendar
>>> and so on. No private calendars for them. And then I created
>>> several activesync accounts in the client. This way (only one
>>> calendar per user) sync is working flawlessly.
>>
>> If the calendar was a shared calendar, it would only be synch-able
>> for the user who owns the calendar. ActiveSync does not support
>> synching shared calendars.
>
> Ok, I understand. I have tried in the past and I realized that.
>
> But the user registered in the client I'm testing with was the
> *owner* of the calendars. They are shared just so other
> 'browser-users' can view/add events to them, but in the android
> client the activesync account is created with the calendars' owner
> account.
>
> Example (that actually represents what's in the log I sent):
>
> user 'marzagao' owns four calendars: 'prazos', 'externo', 'reunioes'
> and 'geral'.
>
> The four calendars are shared with some groups, one of them, for
> example, the group 'socios'.
>
> In the android client I have added the account 'marzagao' (that owns
> all those calendars).
>
> The initial sync is just fine and all the events from the four
> calendars were synced just fine to the client.
>
> Of course in the client device they appear to belong to a single
> calendar (the one below the activesync account 'marzagao').
>
> Then I added through the browser a new event on 'externo' via a user
> that has proper access to it, the user lfbm, that is a member of the
> group 'socios', and so can write to this calendar.
>
> Then I hit sync on the client device, but the recently created event
> in the 'externo' calendar does not get synced. It is as it did not
> existed in the calendar at all. But you can see the event in the
> browser.

I just tried this exact scenario and it seems to work fine here. A
user who has access to one of my shared and synched calendars created
a new event in that calendar and it synched fine to my devices.

You'll have to trace why the history system is not catching the change
for you.
--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)