[kronolith] Events show up at different times in differnet caldav clients

Mehmet Giritli mgiritli at giritli.eu
Thu Jul 4 11:50:01 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-07-03 at 11:30 +0200, Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Mehmet Giritli <mgiritli at giritli.eu>:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm syncing caldav calendar over 2 other clients and the event times do
> > not match with any of them! All events in the horde look 2 hours earlier
> > in Evolution and 1 hour later in android client. First thing I did was
> > to check the time zone of the events and they are all correctly
> > specified.
> >
> > What might be going on here?
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> Impossible to tell with this information. Obviously 2 of those 3
> parties are wrong.

Hi again,

After consulting with Android caldav client's author, this is the
information I got from him:

DTSTART;TZID=Europe/Athens:20111117T200000Z
DTEND;TZID=Europe/Athens:20111117T204501Z

That's an ambiguous time zone specification. There is a "Z" which means
"UTC", but there is a TZID that specifies another time zone too.
That's a bug in Horde.

I guess the event is meant to start at 20:00 CET. In that case these
line should look like

DTSTART;TZID=Europe/Athens:20111117T200000
DTEND;TZID=Europe/Athens:20111117T204501

Another uncommon thing that sticks out is that the actual time zone
definition (the VTIMEZONE part) is at the end of the file. I think
that's correct, but it's very uncommon. Some clients might fail here.

I hope it helps.

Best.