[kronolith] Does delegate work?

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Sep 9 09:38:56 UTC 2013

Zitat von Ken Olum <kdo at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu>:

> I would like to create a calendar which will be shared by several
> users with the rule that any user can create an event, and each user
> can edit the events they created, but not the events other users
> created.
>
> Is this the purpose of the "delegate" permission?  Does it work?

No, that's the purpose of the CREATOR permission.

> I tried creating a calendar and giving "Delegate" permission to "All
> Authenticated Users".  Then I logged in is a different user and tried
> to create an event in this calendar.  With dynamic view on, my
> calendar does not even appear in the dropdown list of calendars when I
> click "New Event".  With dynamic view off, I can select this shared
> calendar and proceed to fill out the new event form.  But when I click
> "Save Event", my event silently disappears and never shows up on the
> calendar.

Not showing up in the dynamic view sounds like a bug. Or maybe this
was never added. Please file a ticket for that. In the basic view the
purpose of the delegate permission is to allow some user to add events
on behalf of another user. You specify the user and calendar in the
calendar drop down and Kronolith then creates the event as if that
user had added it to that calendar. At least it should.

--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project