[kronolith] Timezone issue when importing Google ical files

Erik Quaeghebeur horde at equaeghe.nospammail.net
Mon Nov 18 09:56:26 UTC 2013

Dear list,

Regarding my question about a timezone issue I encountered, Jan
Schneider replied (Thanks!), referring to a calendar entry listed at the
bottom:

 > The event definition is crystal clear. The event is from 3:57 UTC to
 > 3:57 UTC.

Ok, changing my 'local timezone' preference from 'standard' to my local
timezone, I get the correct behavior. (Sorry, I should have done this
before.)

So what does Kronolith do with the X-WR-TIMEZONE:Europe/Brussels header?
Is it relevant at all?

Is there a way to let Kronolith get the local timezone from the OS using
the Javascript Date() function and/or using the GeoIP database?
(I guess there can be good reasons to not do this by default.)

Best,

Erik