[kronolith] Kronolith 4.1.4: Emailed iTip and Agenda's contain links that don't work properly

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Mon Jan 20 16:01:48 UTC 2014

On Monday, January 20, 2014 04:29:24 PM Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Anthony Messina <amessina at messinet.com>:

> >> This is from event updates being sent by email with no from address
> >> being provided in some user's identity.
> >
> > I do have my from_addr set in my identity, which is pulled in from LDAP
> > via
> > the preauthenticate hook upon login to Horde.  I have confirmed this
> > by adding
> >
> > $notification->push(sprintf(_("Your identity is %s"), $ident->
> > getValue('from_addr')));
> >
> > to the sendITipNotifications function in Kronolith.php and I see the
> > notification in the corner detailing my proper email address when I create
> > an event with attendees.
>
> It doesn't matter if YOU have a from address set.

Ok, here is the full URL that is included in the iTip request with my work
email address (external to Horde) as an attendee.  Only the domain name is
changed.

https://messinet.com/horde/kronolith/attend.php?c=sjl6ZxQGR3qgtDGCu_MWaA1&e=CUqf_tiKYIZcZ7e58kjcbw2&u=amessina%40example.org&a=accept

I see the "u" is set to my work email address.  When I log into work to get
the request and click on "Accept" after "If your email client doesn't support
iTip requests you can use the following links to:", I again receive the
following error:

busy
No from address provided.

Apparently I must be misunderstanding something because

1) I don't see how an attendee WITH a Horde account can indicate acceptance to
an event by using these links unless they are also logged into Horde.

2) How then does an attendee WITHOUT a Horde account indicate acceptance to an
event by using these links?

> > Looking at the following further down in the sendITipNotifications
> > function in
> > Kronolith.php, I do not see where the "i" is inserted into the URL.
>
> It's not needed.
>
> > if ($action == self::ITIP_REQUEST) {
> >
> >     $attend_link = Horde::url('attend.php', true, -1)
> >         ->add(array('c' => $event->calendar,
> >                     'e' => $event->id,
> >                     'u' => $email));
> >     $view->linkAccept    = (string)$attend_link->add('a', 'accept');
> >     $view->linkTentative = (string)$attend_link->add('a', 'tentative');
> >     $view->linkDecline   = (string)$attend_link->add('a', 'decline');
> >
> > }
> >

> > Oddly enough, I have copied and pasted the emailed iTip URL from an
> > attendee into the browser.  IF the user IS logged into Horde, they get
> > "You have successfully accepted attendence to this event."  IF the user
> > IS NOT logged into Horde, they get "No from address provided."
> >
> > It seems strange to me that an attendee would need to be logged into Horde
> > to indicate acceptance, since 1) they may not have a Horde account, and
> > 2) even so, they are not prompted to login when accessing the accept,
> > decline, etc. iTip URLs.
> >
> > -A

8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E