[kronolith] synchronization of the resource calendars

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed May 7 13:53:31 UTC 2014

Quoting Johannes Mock <mockjs at idmt.fraunhofer.de>:

> Hello together
>
> I have bind some resources to our kronolith server and made some tests.
>
> It was found that the resource calendars take a long time until they
> syncronize the input data of the appointments.

Not sure what you mean by this. The resource's event is saved to the
resource's calendar during the same http request that saves the bound
event. In fact, the resource's event is actually committed to storage
before the bound event is saved.

> Furthermore, resources remain saved in the appointments even if the
> resources were rejected for these appointments.

Resources are handled just like attendees. If an attendee declines an
event, the attendee is not removed from the list of attendees. When an
event is saved, if a bound resource is going to decline, an alert
should be displayed indicating this before the event is allowed to be
saved, giving the user a chance to reschedule or select a different
resource.

> If you have two appointments using the same resource at different times,
> for example: Appointment 1 uses the resource from 13:00 to 14:00 and
> Appointment 2 uses the same resource from 15:00 to 16:00 and you want to
> move Appointment 2 to 13:00 o'clock, in the resource calendar the
> resource further is blocked from 15:00 to 16:00.

Not sure I follow. The resource should have rejected the move to 13:00
because there is a conflicting event.

> How can the "false blocked" time in the resource calendar be deleted?
> Is it possible to delete the resource note in those appointments, where
> the system said the resource is blocked?

Resource admins have direct access to the resource's calendar so they
may remove/edit any of the resource's events directly.

--
mike
The Horde Project