[kronolith] Kronolith performance issue on CentOS 6.5 server

Louis-Philippe Allard lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Thu May 8 17:10:25 UTC 2014

Hello all,

On a virtualized CentOS 6.5 server, I have performance issues with
kronolith to the point where we cannot use kronolith for production.  As a
matter of fact, browsing the calendar is almost impossible as it takes up
to 15 seconds to refresh a single view (day, week, month, etc).

Once the views have been displayed, browsing the calendar(s) is easier as
it seems the events have been already loaded.

I am using memcache and it seems to be properly configured and running
without a hitch..  I am NO expert so please let me know what I can do to
test it..

The other thing I must mention, I am using MySQL with InnoDB with a page of
36GB.  The virtual machine has 54GB of RAM allocated to it with 8 cores at
3.1GHz (Opterons dual socket), so plenty of horsepower to deliver.

I believe my performance issue has omething to do with either memcache or
MySQL itself but I am completely noob in both so I would need a minimum of
guidance to perperly debug this.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and best regards