[kronolith] Android Phone syncing with Horde Calendar

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Mon Jun 2 13:44:42 UTC 2014

Zitat von Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

> Quoting lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de:
>
>> Zitat von Christian Family & Children's Center <info at champion.org>:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I have tried to add my horde calendar to my Android (Samsung
>>> Galaxy S4) phone and cannot seem to get it to work.  Can anyone
>>> point me to some potentially clear directions?  Thanks.
>>
>> If using Active Sync and you are having somewhat bigger calendar or
>> slow server you should not use "Push" on first sync but a long time
>> based intervall like 30 minutes and let the phone do its work. You
>> can later use "Push" again but not on first sync. Otherwise you
>> might see only part of the events and later added events will fail
>> at random.
>
> If you have a log of this happening, I'd like to see it so I can
> look into this. This should NOT be the case, unless there is some
> network/timeout issue.

I'm more inclined to say its a Samsung bug. It looks like the device
try to sync again even if previous sync isn't finished and get
"confused" afterwards. I had this with all 5 devices tested recently.
The only device i still have available is a GT-I9295 (S4 Active) with
Android 4.2.2. I can try to capture a log and send it to you if you
like.

Regards

Andreas