[kronolith] CalDAV client fails with 401 Authentication error

Aria Bamdad aria at bsc.gwu.edu
Wed Jun 4 17:19:02 UTC 2014

> Zitat von Aria Bamdad <aria at bsc.gwu.edu>:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>> I am trying to test a CalDAV  sync solution for Outlook called iCal4OL
>> http://ical.gutentag.ch/ but regardless of which calendar URLs I use, I
>> continue to get a 401 error in my apache logs and the sync client keeps
>> prompting for user name and password.  In fact, I have seen this behavior
>> when I tested other DAV clients.  However, I currently have over 100 clients
>> syncing without any problems using Funambol sync within outlook.  These all
>> authenticate against the /rpc.php URL.
>>

>> I am using IMP 6.1.7 with Horde 5.1.6.  Horde authentication is setup for
>> 'Let a Horde application handle authentication' and the application selected
>> is 'imp'.  IMP authenticates against my IMAP server.
>>

>> When I use any of the URLs provided for a calendar (CalDAV subscription,
>> Account URL, WebDAV/ICS, etc.), I get a 401 error in my apache log for the
>> request that comes in.  I get NO errors in my horde log file.
>>

>> When I enable IMP IMAP debugging using $servers['imap']['debug'], I see no
>> attempts to authenticate when a CalDAV request comes in but I DO see one for
>> when a Funombol request comes in.
>>

>> Any idea why this is?
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Aria
>
> What happens if you open those URLs with a browser?

I had tried this and the same will happen.  The browser gets the
authentication request (apache basic authentication prompt), I put in
my IMAP user name and credentials and then it fails.  If I hit cancel,
I get the following XML in the browser:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
-<d:error xmlns:s="http://sabredav.org/ns"
xmlns:d="DAV:"><s:exception>Sabre\DAV\Exception\NotAuthenticated</s:exception><s:message>No basic authentication headers were
found</s:message><s:sabredav-version>1.8.9</s:sabredav-version></d:error>