[kronolith] CalDAV client fails with 401 Authentication error

Aria Bamdad aria at bsc.gwu.edu
Wed Jun 4 19:11:28 UTC 2014

SOLVED!

I had coded (for security) the following two statements in a PHP file:

unset($_SERVER['AUTH_PASSWORD']);
unset($_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_PW']);

that would get executed via an apache auto_prepend_file, example:

<IfModule mod_php5.c>
   php_admin_value auto_prepend_file /etc/apache2/php_auto_prepend_file.php
</IfModule>

This would disable the availability of the user entered password with
PHP code that is executed by apache.  However, it seems that the
rpc.php would require this in order to authenticate the DAV client.

Once I removed this.  Everything seems to work.

What I don't understand is how is Funombol sync client able to
authenticate with the above code in place.

Aria