[kronolith] timezone problem in Calendar Views

Systeembeheer BCS adje at bezoekerscentrumsonsbeek.nl
Tue Jun 17 21:27:58 UTC 2014

  Ok, have been digging a bit deeper into this one. Changing timezones in
php.ini made no difference. But I remember Kronolith working correctly when
I first installed the system, so I decided to copy the complete present
system config to a test machine and spend some late hours trying things
out.

Strange enough it turns out this problem is caused by disabling the Nag
menu. I did so because we don't use Nag and we have to keep things in the
UI as simple as possible over here. I disabled the Nag menu in
horde/config/registry.local.php like this:

>    /* disable nag
>     'nag' => array(
>         'name' => _("Tasks"),
>         'provides' => 'tasks',
>     ),
>
>     'nag-menu' => array(
>         'status' => 'topbar',
>         'app' => 'nag',
>         'topbar_params' => array(
>             'id' => 'menu'
>         ),
>         'menu_parent' => 'nag',
>     ),
> */

  This will remove the Nag menus allright but also seems to break something
in Kronolith causing the timezone issue I described earlier.

Re-enabling the Nag menu on my test machine caused all start- and ending
times of all calender items that were set to "default" timezone to be
modified (2 hours later). So I'd rather not do that on my production
server...

Would be very nice to have a better fix. Any suggestions welcome!

thanks, Martin