[kronolith] timezone problem in Calendar Views

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Wed Jun 18 08:07:04 UTC 2014

Citeren Systeembeheer BCS <adje at bezoekerscentrumsonsbeek.nl>:

> Ok, have been digging a bit deeper into this one. Changing timezones in
> php.ini made no difference. But I remember Kronolith working correctly when
> I first installed the system, so I decided to copy the complete present
> system config to a test machine and spend some late hours trying things
> out.
>
> Strange enough it turns out this problem is caused by disabling the Nag
> menu. I did so because we don't use Nag and we have to keep things in the
> UI as simple as possible over here. I disabled the Nag menu in
> horde/config/registry.local.php like this:
>
>>    /* disable nag
>>     'nag' => array(
>>         'name' => _("Tasks"),
>>         'provides' => 'tasks',
>>     ),
>>
>>     'nag-menu' => array(
>>         'status' => 'topbar',
>>         'app' => 'nag',
>>         'topbar_params' => array(
>>             'id' => 'menu'
>>         ),
>>         'menu_parent' => 'nag',
>>     ),
>> */

The correct way to disable Nag (see the comments in the header of
'horde/config/registry.php'), would be to put the following in
'horde/config/registry.local.php':

     <?php
     $this->applications['nag']['status'] = 'inactive';

>  This will remove the Nag menus allright but also seems to break something
> in Kronolith causing the timezone issue I described earlier.

One lesson to learn, is that you should *never* redefine arrays in
your *.local.php files. Instead, just change the parameter that you're
interested in. This is documented in almost every configuration file
(at the top), just not in this one.

> Re-enabling the Nag menu on my test machine caused all start- and ending
> times of all calender items that were set to "default" timezone to be
> modified (2 hours later). So I'd rather not do that on my production
> server...

I'm afraid you'll have to bite the bullet here and fix this in the database.