[kronolith] Kronolith 4.1.4: Emailed iTip and Agenda's contain links that don't work properly

Arne Nordmark nordmark at mech.kth.se
Wed Jul 30 06:25:12 UTC 2014

2014-07-23 22:16, Anthony Messina skrev:
> On Wednesday, January 15, 2014 07:03:05 PM Arne Nordmark wrote:
>> 2014-01-14 21:50, Anthony Messina skrev:
>>> 2. Kronolith Agendas
>>>
>>> When I enable the Kronolith agenda's via cron, I have noticed that the
>>> URLs for the events do not include the Horde prefix and show events such
>>> as the following.  Horde alarm emails do not have this issue, nor do
>>> iTip emails.
>>>
>>> https://example.com/kronolith/event.php?eventID=... <snipped>
>>>
>>> instead of
>>>
>>> https://example.com/horde/kronolith/event.php?eventID=... <snipped>
>>
>> I remember having this problem, and I remember creating a file
>> registry.local.php with the content:
>> <?php
>> $app_webroot = '/horde';
>>
>> I am not 100% certain that these two were connected, but you may try it.
>> I also had to set environment variable HTTPS=on to force https:// in the
>> agenda mails.
>>
>> Arne
>
> I wanted to wait until the upgrade to Horde 5.2 to see if this would have been
> fixed by some other method, which it wasn't.  I have worked around this issue
> by using your suggestion above.  It is still strange to me that none of the
> other apps require this manual addition in registry.local.php:
>
> $app_webroot = '/horde';

I guess in almost all cases, mails are sent out as a (perhaps indirect)
result of some web action, and the apps have access to the full URI that
was used. Thus this problem would only show up when mails are sent due
to a cron job or similar where the is no URI available.

Alarm emails sent out through a cron job during periods of no web
activity could show this problem I guess. Are you thinking of any other
cases?

> But the above does "fix" the issue with improper links sent out from
> bin/kronolith-agenda.
>

> Thanks again, Arne!  -A

You are most welcome.

Arne