[kronolith] Kronolith 4.1.4: Emailed iTip and Agenda's contain links that don't work properly

Arne Nordmark nordmark at mech.kth.se
Wed Jul 30 07:22:36 UTC 2014

2014-07-30 08:34, Anthony Messina skrev:
> On Wednesday, July 30, 2014 08:25:12 AM Arne Nordmark wrote:

>>> I wanted to wait until the upgrade to Horde 5.2 to see if this would have
>>> been fixed by some other method, which it wasn't.  I have worked around
>>> this issue by using your suggestion above.  It is still strange to me
>>> that none of the other apps require this manual addition in
>>> registry.local.php:
>>>
>>> $app_webroot = '/horde';
>>
>> I guess in almost all cases, mails are sent out as a (perhaps indirect)
>> result of some web action, and the apps have access to the full URI that
>> was used. Thus this problem would only show up when mails are sent due
>> to a cron job or similar where the is no URI available.
>>
>> Alarm emails sent out through a cron job during periods of no web
>> activity could show this problem I guess. Are you thinking of any other
>> cases?
>
> The reason why I brought it up in the first place is that horde-alarm does not
> require setting $app_webroot to get the URL set properly, whereas kronolith-
> agenda does, at least in my case.  They are both initiated in the same cron-
> like manner, though I am using systemd timers.

Right, that is interesting. However, the alarm_params column of the
horde_alarms table seems to store the base 64 encoded text of the mail
message body, which is thus created when the event or task was
added/edited, and not when the mail is sent. This would explain the
difference as compared with the daily agenda.

> It was the fact that they exhibited different behavior that led me to bring it
> up as an issue.
>
> -A

Arne