[kronolith] Issue with default and additional calenders to use for synching

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon Sep 8 21:35:04 UTC 2014

Quoting John H. Bennett III <bennettj at thebennetthome.com>:

> Hello again,
>
> I have a new issue that I need help with.  Now that I've gone to
> production with the latest horde 5 components, I'm seeing an issue
> with trying to set up syncing, for all users except myself.
>
> Everyone has a default calendar, and a shared calendar was created
> and all authenticated users have all rights except delegate.  When I
> log in as one of my other users, go to preference, calendar, default
> calendar, I choose their personal calendar, then go to
> Synchronization preferences, and there is nothing to choose.  I am
> expecting the shared calendar that was created to be available as it
> is for my account.
>
> If I choose the shared calendar as the default calendar and then go
> to Synchronization preferences, their personal calendar shows up.
> This isn't what I want.  I want them to use their personal calendar
> as the default, and be able to choose the shared calendar as the
> additional one to be used for synchronization with external devices.
>  This is how my account is set up.  I am also the one that created
> and shared the calendar, if that makes a difference.
>
> Please let me know what I need to do to fix this scenario.

The only way you can synchronize shared calendars is if:

1) The user has read/write permissions on the calendar and
2) The client supports separate calendars, and Horde is configured to
provide them as such.

For reasons I won't get into here, shared calendars are not supported
when the calendars are multiplexed into a single calendar on the EAS
client.

--
mike
The Horde Project