[kronolith] Can't add or edit events in dynamic view Horde webmail 5.2.2, Kronolith 4.2.2

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Sep 23 11:55:36 UTC 2014

Zitat von Eric Van Bocxlaer <evb at ping.be>:

> Hi,
>
> For some time now I can't edit or add events in the dynamic view. No
> problem in editing or adding in the simple view!
>
> So I did some debug in FireBug and the reason is a undefined
> 'date_format' in the javascript file kronolith.js, function getDate:
>     getDate: function(what) {
>         var dateElm, timeElm, date, time;
>         if (what == 'start') {
>             dateElm = 'kronolithEventStartDate';
>             timeElm = 'kronolithEventStartTime';
>         } else {
>             dateElm = 'kronolithEventEndDate';
>             timeElm = 'kronolithEventEndTime';
>         }
>         date = Date.parseExact($F(dateElm), Kronolith.conf.date_format)
>             || Date.parse($F(dateElm));
>         if (date) {
>             time = Date.parseExact($F(timeElm), Kronolith.conf.time_format);
>             if (!time) {
>                 time = Date.parse($F(timeElm));
>             }
>             if (time) {
>                 date.setHours(time.getHours());
>                 date.setMinutes(time.getMinutes());
>             }
>         }
>         return date;
>     },
>
> Kronolith.conf.date_format is for some reason undefined.
> When I look via FireBug into the object 'Kronolith' I see two child
> objects 'conf' and 'text'. In the child object 'conf' I see a
> defined 'time_format', but no 'date_format'.
> When I define via FireBug a 'date_format', everything is working, I
> can add and edit events in the dynamic view!
>
> I searched but did not (yet) found where the configuration
> information is read and putted in the 'Kronolith' object?
> Can someone guid me to find the correct code?

See below, it's probably the same problem, because the date format
depends on the current locale.

> During my search I verified the global settings of Horde for the
> date_format, date_format_mini and the time_format. There are all set!
> Some remark though, when I take these lists I can see entries, but
> also some empty lines. The filled in lines and the empty lines are
> corresponding with the enum array in prefs.php.
> Example date_format list:
> 09/20/14
> 2014-09-20
> 20/09/2014
> Saturday 20 September 2014
> Saturday, September 20, 2014
> Saturday, 20. September 2014
> Saturday, 20 September 2014
> empty line
> empty line
> empty line
> empty line
> empty line
> Sat 20 Sep 2014
> Sat 09/20/14
> Sat 2014-09-20
> The rest of the lines are empty
>
> Why these empty lines and why the weekdays/months are not in dutch?
> Everything else is translated but not the weekdays and months?
>
> Regards,

Some of those entries depend on your current locale. If you don't see
expected date strings, make sure you have the system locales for your
current language installed.

--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project