[kronolith] Can't add or edit events in dynamic view Horde webmail 5.2.2, Kronolith 4.2.2

Eric Van Bocxlaer evb at ping.be
Tue Sep 23 21:26:25 UTC 2014

> Zitat von Eric Van Bocxlaer <evb at ping.be>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> For some time now I can't edit or add events in the dynamic view. No
>> problem in editing or adding in the simple view!
>>
>> So I did some debug in FireBug and the reason is a undefined
>> 'date_format' in the javascript file kronolith.js, function getDate:
>>     getDate: function(what) {
>>         var dateElm, timeElm, date, time;
>>         if (what == 'start') {
>>             dateElm = 'kronolithEventStartDate';
>>             timeElm = 'kronolithEventStartTime';
>>         } else {
>>             dateElm = 'kronolithEventEndDate';
>>             timeElm = 'kronolithEventEndTime';
>>         }
>>         date = Date.parseExact($F(dateElm), Kronolith.conf.date_format)
>>             || Date.parse($F(dateElm));
>>         if (date) {
>>             time = Date.parseExact($F(timeElm), Kronolith.conf.time_format);
>>             if (!time) {
>>                 time = Date.parse($F(timeElm));
>>             }
>>             if (time) {
>>                 date.setHours(time.getHours());
>>                 date.setMinutes(time.getMinutes());
>>             }
>>         }
>>         return date;
>>     },
>>
>> Kronolith.conf.date_format is for some reason undefined.
>> When I look via FireBug into the object 'Kronolith' I see two child
>> objects 'conf' and 'text'. In the child object 'conf' I see a
>> defined 'time_format', but no 'date_format'.
>> When I define via FireBug a 'date_format', everything is working, I
>> can add and edit events in the dynamic view!
>>
>> I searched but did not (yet) found where the configuration
>> information is read and putted in the 'Kronolith' object?
>> Can someone guid me to find the correct code?
>
> See below, it's probably the same problem, because the date format
> depends on the current locale.
>
>> During my search I verified the global settings of Horde for the
>> date_format, date_format_mini and the time_format. There are all set!
>> Some remark though, when I take these lists I can see entries, but
>> also some empty lines. The filled in lines and the empty lines are
>> corresponding with the enum array in prefs.php.
>> Example date_format list:
>> 09/20/14
>> 2014-09-20
>> 20/09/2014
>> Saturday 20 September 2014
>> Saturday, September 20, 2014
>> Saturday, 20. September 2014
>> Saturday, 20 September 2014
>> empty line
>> empty line
>> empty line
>> empty line
>> empty line
>> Sat 20 Sep 2014
>> Sat 09/20/14
>> Sat 2014-09-20
>> The rest of the lines are empty
>>
>> Why these empty lines and why the weekdays/months are not in dutch?
>> Everything else is translated but not the weekdays and months?

> [...]

I verified the system locale on my server, it was correctly set to
'Dutch (Belgium)' the same as my selected language when I log in Horde
webmail and the same as the selected language in the horde global
settings.

I found a file Registry.php, function setLanguage. I added some php
error logging and found that the language
returned from this function is 'nl_BE'.

Where can I start to debug this thing?
The server is a windows system running apache24 and horde webmail
installed via pear.

--Eric