[kronolith] Advanced customization

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed Jun 17 16:35:45 UTC 2015

Quoting Ob Noxious <obnox3 at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I've installed Kronolith for a small group of users and everything works
> fine. I was asked to make the service as "simple" as possible for the non
> tech-saavy users and also lock it down as much as possible.
>
> To achieve this goal, I still need to figure out 2 things I yet can't find
> a way to do :
>
> 1/ Is there a way, via configuration setting or hook if necessary, to
> disable the "Remote calendars" functionnality?

This should be possible by "locking" the remote_calendar preference.
See the file format description at the top of horde/config/prefs.php
for instructions on how to do this.

> 2/ I have installed the "Holidays" calendars for their country but I'd like
> to find a way to automatically have each user already subscribed to these
> holidays calendars without having them to do so manually because most of
> them won't to it (and they'll complain of course, as users often do :-))

If you want all users to have the same calendars, you can set the
holidays_driver pref value manually in
kronolith/horde/prefs.local.php. If you need to perform some logic to
determine which holidays to use, you can use either the pref_init or
appauthenticated hook (depending on if you need any application data
or not) or possibly use a php closure when setting the value in
kronolith/prefs.local.php ...