[kronolith] Fwd: Advanced customization

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu Jun 18 23:54:29 UTC 2015

Forwarding off-list reply.

----- Forwarded message from Ob Noxious <obnox3 at gmail.com> -----
    Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 01:58:13 +0200
    From: Ob Noxious <obnox3 at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [kronolith] Advanced customization
      To: mrubinsk at horde.org

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 6:35 PM, Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>
wrote:

>  1/ Is there a way, via configuration setting or hook if necessary, to
>> disable the "Remote calendars" functionnality?
>>

> This should be possible by "locking" the remote_calendar preference. See
> the file format description at the top of horde/config/prefs.php for
> instructions on how to do this.

Well I tried the following without result!

$_prefs[ 'remote_cals' ][ 'suppress' ] = true;
$_prefs[ 'remote_cals' ][ 'locked' ] = true;

$_prefs[ 'display_remote_cals' ][ 'suppress' ] = true;
$_prefs[ 'display_remote_cals' ][ 'locked' ] = true;

$_prefs[ 'display_external_cals' ][ 'suppress' ] = true;
$_prefs[ 'display_external_cals' ][ 'locked' ] = true;

and also

$_prefs[ 'remote_cals' ] = array(
   'value' => 'a:0:{}',
   'locked' => true,
   'suppress' => true
);

$_prefs[ 'display_remote_cals' ] = array(
   'value' => 'a:0:{}',
   'locked' => true,
   'suppress' => true
);

$_prefs[ 'display_external_cals' ] = array(
   'value' => 'a:0:{}',
   'locked' => true,
   'suppress' => true
);

On the UI, I still have the "Remote calendars" group displayed on the left
bar along with the "(+)" icon to add one. And pressing that "(+)" still
pops up a dialog to enter the URL of a remote calendar :-(

I really want this group gone :-)

PS: I'm using Horde 5.2.5 and Kronolith 4.2.7. All other prefs override in
prefs.local.php, either Horde or Kronolith, worked perfectly but I have
hard time making this one disappear.

  2/ I have installed the "Holidays" calendars for their country but I'd like
>> to find a way to automatically have each user already subscribed to these
>> holidays calendars without having them to do so manually because most of
>> them won't to it (and they'll complain of course, as users often do :-))
>>

> If you want all users to have the same calendars, you can set the
> holidays_driver pref value manually in kronolith/horde/prefs.local.php. If
> you need to perform some logic to determine which holidays to use, you can
> use either the pref_init or appauthenticated hook (depending on if you need
> any application data or not) or possibly use a php closure when setting the
> value in kronolith/prefs.local.php ...

Excellent! Setting $_prefs[ 'holiday_drivers' ][ 'value' ] to the
serialized info about the holiday calendar worked perfectly!

--
ObNox

----- End forwarded message -----

--