[kronolith] Using OS X Calendar app with Kronolith via CalDAV

Jens Wahnes wahnes at uni-koeln.de
Tue Jun 23 12:53:07 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jun 19 2015, at 18:20:05 +0200, Jens Wahnes wrote:

> using the "Calendar" app of Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), formerly known
> as iCal, I'm seeing trouble accessing calendars provided by Horde.
> However, using the same Calendar app of OS X 10.9 (Mavericks), all is
> fine: Calendars are easily discovered and synced via CalDAV.  The same
> goes for iOS, including the current version 8.3.

After some more testing, it looks like the problem has got to do with
the kind of calendars available.  When I remove the shared calendars
which are available to all users, syncing with the Calendar app of OS X
10.10 is no problem.  Also, once a sucessful CalDAV sync has been
established, adding the shared calendars back in later is not a
problem; they are happily synced ever after.  The problem occurs only
(but reproducably) when the shared calendars are there upon the first
sync of the Calendar app.

Does this circumstance give anyone a clue as to what could be the cause
of the problem?  Or what kind of logfile entries could be of relevance
to find out what's wrong?

Jens