[kronolith] Samsung S4 Syncs only new / changed events via Activesync

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Jul 8 14:09:02 UTC 2015

I have problem report from one of my users where I need some hints to
debug it.
We use Horde  5.2.5, Horde_ActiveSync 2.28.4, kronolith 4.2.7

He tries to sync his calendar with ActiveSync to his Samsung S4
(Android 5.0.1)
On his Android he will only see new or changed events, but no events that
existed before he synced for the first time.

He configured his android to sync the all events and not limited to
the next 7 or 30 days.
Resetting the sync status in horde didn't solve the problem.

Is this a know bug of Samsung S4 (Android 5.0.1)

Which further information is of interest.

I suspect that his client only requests events created/changed since
the first sync time stamp.
Is there a guide how to read the horde activesync logs, or what to search for?

Regards

     Michael Menge

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen