[kronolith] Date format while creating or displaying calendars.

ANANT S ATHAVALE asa at isac.gov.in
Tue Jul 14 09:02:40 UTC 2015

    Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 16:57:50 +0200
    From: Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>
Subject: Re: [kronolith] Date format while creating or displaying calendars.
      To: kronolith at lists.horde.org

>>   Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2015 17:12:12 +0200
>>   From: Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>
>> Subject: Re: [kronolith] Date format while creating or displaying calendars.
>>     To: kronolith at lists.horde.org

>>> I guess you mean prefs.local.php.

>>> Then I don't know what your problem is. The US date format is
>>> MM/DD/YYYY as correctly used on your installation.

>>> --
>>> Jan Schneider
>>> The Horde Project
>>> http://www.horde.org/
>>>
>>> --
>>

>> ----- End message from Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> -----
>>
>> Dear Jan,
>>
>> Thanks for your reply.
>>
>> what is the purpose of setting preference date_format in prefs.php
>> under Horde, if not honored in every app?
>>
>> 1. By using date_format setting, my mails get listed in DD/MM/YYYY
>> format under Date column.
>> 2. I feel, Kronolith also should honor this preference to be
>> uniform in the entire Groupware.  This is my view. Sorry, If I am
>> wrong.
>
> This has been discussed several times on the mailing list already,
> please check the archives.
>
> --
> Jan Schneider
> The Horde Project
> http://www.horde.org/

----- End message from Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> -----

I have now set the language as 'en_IN' (English India) and after clean
up of files from static directory, I am able to see the changes, but
it comes in very long format (date) including day of the week and
default timezone selection comes in next line.  (pfa screenshot)

Timezone selection coming on new line was also with 'en_US' language setting.

Is this OK or it is due to some screen size limitations or due to
Linux platform (client).  Otherwise, my issue is solved.  Thanks for
the support.

--
      सादर धन्यवाद/ Thanks & Regards
           अनंत / Anant