[kronolith] Kronolith does not display calendar data

Ferdinand Gruber fer.grub at yahoo.de
Wed Sep 9 20:26:46 UTC 2015

Am 03.08.2015 um 15:45 schrieb Ferdinand Gruber:
> After updating Linux from openSuse 13.1 to 13.2 on my horde server,
> kronolith does not display any calendar data.
>
> After a while an error message appears:
>
>    Error while communicating with the server
>
> In the apache2 error log I can see:
>
>    PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted
>    (tried to allocate 130968 bytes) in
>    /usr/share/php5/PEAR/Horde/Date/Recurrence.php on line 485, referer:
>    https://my_server/horde/kronolith/
>
> Now I increased the limit to 256 MB. I cannot believe, that this
> should be too little. Before the system upgrade in
> /etc/php5/apache/php.ini the memory_limit was set to 128 MB and there
> was no problem.
>
> Please help.

Now I have found the cause of this problem:
There must be something wrong witch weekly recurrences of calendar events.

When I enter a calendar event that repeats every week, it seems to come
to a buffer overflow in the procedure. It does not matter whether I
define an end or not for this recurrence.
After saving the event the browser hangs. Reloading the page does the
problem described above: No calendar events are shown.

After deleting this calendar-event record using phpMyAdmin everything
works again.

It seems that this problem occurs only with weekly recurrences.
There is no problem with daily or monthly recurrences.

What can we do?

--
Greetings from Austria
Ferdinand Gruber