[kronolith] calendar invites cannot be added to my calendar

Chris Fisichella chris at communityrenewables.com
Fri Mar 4 02:17:05 UTC 2016

https://www.facebook.com/hordeprojecthttps://www.twitter.com/hordeproject

>> enabling

Would

https://www.facebook.com/hordeprojecthttps://www.twitter.com/hordeproject

>>> Well, yes. The hook normalizes the username to lowercase, but the entry
>>> in the rampage table is mixed case. You need to update the entry in the
>>> rampage table:
>>>
>>> UPDATE rampage_users SET user_name='chris' WHERE user_name='Chris';
>>>
>>> --
>>> mike
>>> The Horde Project
>>> http://www.horde.org

https://www.facebook.com/hordeprojecthttps://www.twitter.com/hordeproject

>> Hi Mike,
>> Sorry for the delay in my reply. There was some over head in digging up
>> the
>> mysql login information. This is what I did:
>> #mysql -u mysql -p
>> <ented my password>
>> mysql>SHOW DATABASES;
>> mysql>USE horde_db;
>> mysql>SHOW TABLES;
>>      rampage_users
>> mysql>UPDATE rampage_users SET user_name='chris' WHERE
user_name='Chris';
>> Query OK, 0 rows affecte (0.00 sec)
>> Rows matched: 1 changed: 0 warning: 0
>> mysql>SELECT * FROM rampage_users
>> user_id  user_name
>> 5      <long alphanumeric>
>> 1    Aministrator
>> 3    chris
>> 4    e----
>> 2   f-----
>> 6   s----
>> mysql>exit
>>
>> I don't see the 'Chris' login.
>
> Correct, because you changed it to 'chris'.
>
>> When I go into Calendar I get a red "Permission Denied" reminder. I
don't
>> see anything is /var/log/syslog. I noticed all of my appointments and
>> reminders are gone for the month of March, except for yesterday and
>> today.
>> April looks okay.
>
> The rampage tables have nothing to do with permissions to calendars. My
> guess is your share tables probably have the incorrect username as well.
>
>> Do you have any advice to offer?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Chris
>> --

> mike
> The Horde Project
> http://www.horde.org
> https://www.facebook.com/hordeprojecthttps://www.twitter.com/hordeproject

  Hi Mike,

You are right.
mysql>select * from kronolith_sharesng;

yielded **two** lines with [Cc]hris on them:

        3 | 1XlF_fkYyg2-D5MCv9G28g1 | chris
|           0 |              0
|              0 |              0
|               0 |                 0
|              0 |              0
|              0 |               0
|                 0 |            0
|            0 |            0
|             0 |               0 | Calendar of
chris            |                |
#35f62b         | NULL          |
|        4 | 5ucOd10l_emHPVY6UekOyw1 | ebay
|           0 |              0
|              0 |              0
|               0 |                 0
|              0 |              0
|              0 |               0
|                 0 |            0
|            0 |            0
|             0 |               0 | Calendar of
ebay             | NULL           |
#088ec8         | NULL          |
|        5 | W3SVHy2qcXtAjnSujCE4kw1 | Chris
|           0 |              0
|              0 |              0
|               0 |                 0
|              0 |              0
|              0 |               0
|                 0 |            0
|            0 |            0
|             0 |               0 | Calendar of
Chris Fisichella | NULL           | #aa34fd         |
NULL          |

mysql>delete from kronolith_sharesng where user_id=5;

I'm not sure I got the column heading "user_id" right. I am working from
memory, but that deleted the "Chris" row.

Now, when I go into the calendar, I don't get the permission denied
message. Also, I can get invites from people and they are successfully
handled by the kronolith program.

Thank you for all the help and the advice. I never would have thought to
poke around in mysql to fix the problem.

Best Regards,
Chris