[kronolith] Changing event start date/time

Test philipp.faeustlin at uni-hohenheim.de
Wed Apr 13 14:09:31 UTC 2016

Am 13.04.2016 um 14:37 schrieb Michael J Rubinsky:

> Quoting Philipp Faeustlin <Philipp.Faeustlin at uni-hohenheim.de>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think found an fault or at least an unwanted behaviour.
>>
>> When editing an existing event start to empty fields and saving that
>> event.
>>
>> The results is an event that starts probably at day 0 in year 0. I
>> didn't scroll back that far, but the database entry for that event
>> says event_start = "0000-00-00 00:00:00".
>> The problem now is, as user your don't have a possibility to resolve
>> your mistake, because you're unable to edit or remove this event.
>>
>> As admin I had to change the event_start on database layer, to be able
>> to edit the event again.
>>
>> I think it shouldn't be possible to save an event with empty date, or
>> it should automatically save an working date (for example midnight
>> same day).
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Philipp
>>
>> PS.: Tested with current firefox, chrome and up-to-date version of horde.
>
> Can you describe how you are emptying the event start field(s)? We
> already have code in place that prevents saving the event when the date
> field doesn't validate. I can't reproduce this locally - I get the
> expected error message in a notification bubble when trying to save.

In the edit event window I remove the content of "From","at" per
keyboard. On my system there is no notification bubble.

How is the date field validated?

What is the intended structure on database layer for "event_start" and
"event_end"?

--
Philipp Fäustlin
Universität Hohenheim

Schloss, Westhof Süd | 70599 Stuttgart
Tel.: +49 711 459-22838 | Fax: +49 711 459-23449
https://kim.uni-hohenheim.de/