[kronolith] Changing event start date/time

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed Apr 13 12:37:42 UTC 2016

Quoting Philipp Faeustlin <Philipp.Faeustlin at uni-hohenheim.de>:

> Hi,
>
> I think found an fault or at least an unwanted behaviour.
>
> When editing an existing event start to empty fields and saving that event.
>
> The results is an event that starts probably at day 0 in year 0. I
> didn't scroll back that far, but the database entry for that event
> says event_start = "0000-00-00 00:00:00".
> The problem now is, as user your don't have a possibility to resolve
> your mistake, because you're unable to edit or remove this event.
>
> As admin I had to change the event_start on database layer, to be
> able to edit the event again.
>
> I think it shouldn't be possible to save an event with empty date,
> or it should automatically save an working date (for example
> midnight same day).
>
> Regards
>
> Philipp
>
> PS.: Tested with current firefox, chrome and up-to-date version of horde.

Can you describe how you are emptying the event start field(s)? We
already have code in place that prevents saving the event when the
date field doesn't validate. I can't reproduce this locally - I get
the expected error message in a notification bubble when trying to save.

--
mike
The Horde Project