[kronolith] Event file attachments - 4.3 vs. 5.0 release?

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Fri Nov 23 20:33:21 UTC 2018

Quoting Nels Lindquist <nlindq at maei.ca>:

> Hi there.
>
> For the first time ever, I've had a user request the feature to be
> able to attach files to events.
>
> I see that feature was targeted for the Kronolith 5.0 release (which
> has no ETA on the roadmap) and is marked as completed, but the request
> ticket was closed against version 4.3, which isn't on the roadmap.
>
> Is version 4.3 an internal codenumber for the eventual 5.0 release, or
> will there be a 4.3 release sooner, following on the 4.2 release branch?

Do to a number of factors (manpower, our repository spilt from a
monolithic repository, release tool-chain changes, the fact that IMP
already has backward-compatibility breaking changes in master etc...)
we are still unsure exactly what the next feature release number will
be. 4.3 would be the next feature release if we don't decide to do a
major version upgrade first. Most likely it would be the same code
base being released either way (for Kronolith, at least).

> Is there a reasonable way to get a version of kronolith right now that
> supports that feature?

The only clean way to do this would be to run a git checkout.