[kronolith] CalDav and invitation duplicates

Markus Bozem mbozem at bozem.de
Wed Sep 4 10:06:04 UTC 2019

>Hi Markus,
>
>I had the same problem.  If you can't wait for the patch, you can  always manually disable Kronolith generation of notifications by  updating /horde/kronolith/lib/Kronolith.php  until the fix is  available mainstream.  I did so by inserting a 'return' just before  the section that sends the itip notifications.
>
>Aria
>-- kronolith mailing list
>Frequently Asked Questions: http://wiki.horde.org/FAQ

Hi Aria,

thank you for this hint.

To all interested persons:

return was inserted here:

     static public function sendITipNotifications(
         Kronolith_Event $event, Horde_Notification_Handler
$notification,
         $action, Horde_Date $instance = null, $range = null, array
$cancellations = array())
     {
         global $injector, $registry;

         return;

         if (!$event->attendees) {
             return;
         }

This solution works ok:
Active Sync can still be used to send invitations. (iPhone tested)
When meeting is created in kronolith - webfronted invitations are not
send. (not used here)
Only problem when using CalDAV -> when accepting invitations the
external organizer will be replaced with the accepting person.
(tolerable)

To the maintainers:

But this is only a workaround. And the patch for an user option is in
master branch since 2015.
So what is the problem in integrating this (small) patch for a big
problem into stable?
Time to do it?
Should I create a push reguest?
Can I help in an other way?
Are there other concerns integrating this patch?
Is this project death?

Markus.