[kronolith] ICS subscription and login

ppmail at posteo.net ppmail at posteo.net
Fri Sep 6 13:34:16 UTC 2019

Hello list,

I am trying to connect horde's kronolith calendar with the calendar of
our educational platform moodle. In principle, moodle does accept ICS
files without problems, but it fails to read kronoliths ICS link because
of the login requirement. Moodle expects a simple URL that leads to an
accessible ICS file - I cannot figure out, how to handle the login
credentials for horde/kronolith. Is there a way to make kronolith help
moodle? Can you make a calendar public, use a token as it is used in the
embed URL or include login name and password in the URL? The token
solution would be the ideal, I guess. (simply adding "?token=[whatever]"
to the URL of the ICS subscription did not do the trick...) Both systems
run on managed/reseller hosting so I cannot do much about the basic
configurations in many cases.

Any hint is appreciated!

Best and many thanks
Pepe