[kronolith] Rebuilding the Horde alarms table (horde_alarms)

Aria Bamdad aria at bsc.gwu.edu
Thu Jan 23 18:35:51 UTC 2020

> Quoting Aria Bamdad <aria at bsc.gwu.edu>:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Running Horde Groupware Webmail edition 5.2.22, horde 5.2.17
> >
> > I was missing correct date.timezone option in my php5/cli/php.ini file
> and
> > as a result of this, my horde_alarms table contains time stamps that
> are
> > off, even though they are now in UTC format.   Once I corrected the
> setting
> > for date.timezone in the cli/php.ini file, all newly added events to
> the
> > horde_alarms contain the correct time for the reminders.  Question is,
> how
> > do I fix all other records in the table that are incorrect.  I
> experimented
> > with deleting records for one user but they were not recreated so I
> fear
> > removing all records from the table as described here
> > https://www.horde.org/apps/horde/docs/UPGRADING#alarms for upgrading
> horde
> > 3.3 to 4.  I don't think the table will be rebuilt if I empty all
> records
> > based on my limited test for one user.  Is there a way I can rebuild
> this
> > table?
>

> The horde_alarms table *should* be refreshed periodically if you are
> running the alarms cronjob, or if the user is logged in and the
> configured ttl interval has passed.
>
> It pre-fetches alarms that will occur within the next ttl interval
> (see the Alarms configuration tab in the Horde admin to set this
> interval. It defaults to 5 minutes).

Michael,

Thanks for the clarification. That explains why I didn't see the deleted records be added after the next run of the horde-alarms.  Now I understand what that default 5 minutes relates to.  So, the records are re-added 5 minutes before the next event that is scheduled to have a notification.  Makes perfect sense.   I will delete all records in the table then.

Thanks for your input.

Aria