[kronolith] Calendar event alarm reminders via e-mail

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sat Jan 25 19:56:11 UTC 2020

Quoting Aria Bamdad <aria at bsc.gwu.edu>:

> Hi,
>
> Under user configuration Preferences -> Calendar -> Notifications you can
> configure 'Email' notification under "Choose how you want to receive
> reminders for events with alarms:".  This works well and an e-mail is sent
> to the default identity (from the user to the user) regarding the event at
> the appropriate time.  However, at the bottom of the same configuration
> screen, there is a field "Email address (optional)" that allows for an
> e-mail address to be entered.  If provided, then the e-mail sent will be
> from this e-mail address and to this e-mail address.
>
> Is this working as designed?  The logical (in my opinion) is to always send
> the event notification e-mail from the default user identity and to the
> e-mail address provided in this field, if one is provided.

While I agree with your expectation, the Horde_Alarm system, which is
responsible for sending those emails, currently only accepts a single
email address, which is used as both the From and the To. The optional
email address in Kronolith is used as that email address if it is
provided.

Feel free to create an enhancement request for this, or maybe better
yet, a more complete integration of the identity system into Kronolith
so you can select an explicit identity for these notifications.