[kronolith] Calendar Subscriptions options

Simon B simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 08:14:34 UTC 2023

On Thu, 29 Dec 2022 at 09:22, Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hallo List,
>
>  Calendar (kronolith) 4.2.27
>  Horde (horde) 5.2.21
>
> or
>  Calendar (kronolith) 5.0.0-git.
>  Horde (horde) 6.0.0-git
> (last pulled in about October)
>
> Recently, Outlook 2016 stated playing nicely with the EAS option, and
> mails (excluding Drafts for some reason) and address book are
> synchronising well.  Calendar remains an issue.  Although the
> ActiveSync page shows it being requested...
>
> Collection id:Aed98e579
> Class:Calendar
> Server Id:Calendar:tq9bEM1jy93CgTueMswTqlF
> Last synckey:{63ac27c9-b02c-40ad-9f38-526700000000}95
>
> (But it also shows the device as Not Provisioned - Outlook Mobile,
> which does show as Provisioned seems to work fine)
>
> To overcome this until I have some time to do debugging and device
> logs, I tried to subscribe to the calendar using one of the
> subscription options.
>
> CalDAV Subscription URL — Subscribe to this calendar from another
> calendar program
> CalDAV Account URL — Subscribe to all your calendars from another
> calendar program
> WebDAV/ICS Subscription URL — Subscribe to this calendar from another
> calendar program
> Feed URL — Subscribe from a feed reader
>
> Absolutely none of them work :)
>
> Taking the WebDAV/ICS Subscription URL option, I get a URL like:
>
> https://webmail.myserver.net/../kronolith/../rpc.php/kronolith/user@domain.com/tq9bEM1jy93CgTueMswTqlF.ics

I have a further issue..  Whilst debugging this, I noticed several
inconsistencies with the calendar entries (probably due to a mish-mash
of clients over the years).  To fix this, I exported the entries out
of the DB, fixed them locally, dropped all the entries and reimported
them.

Kronolith shows ALL the entries (550+ - with about 30% recurring
entries) - but when I click on the "Export ICS file: Calendar ICS
file" in the export tab, I get a blank .ics file!

However, if I view a calendar entry - and SAVE it (even without making
changes), then it appears in the .ics file download...

Obviously I would rather not do this for 550+ entries.   Is there
something I can execute on the backend to make all the visible
appointments appear in the downloadable .ics file?

Thanks

Simon