TR : [mimp] MIMP without IMP login

Akom lists at akom2.2y.net
Thu Jul 3 11:29:32 PDT 2003

While this block may work for mobile devices, I wanted to be able to use mimp
directly when I want out of a normal browser (eg laptop over a wireless
connection, < 4kb/s).   Dual login is annoying when it's that slow.

After taking apart the code for a bit, I found this in
mimp/lib/base.php :

// If MIMP isn't responsible for Horde auth, and no one is logged into
// Horde, redirect to the login screen.
if (!(Auth::isAuthenticated() || (Auth::getProvider() == 'mimp'))) {
    Horde::authenticationFailureRedirect();
}

It seems to me that this logic is flawed...(first, if not authed - then send it
to main login, second - when mimp, send it to main login???) ... but since none
of it was interesting to me, I simply commented out the single line in the if,
to achieve the desired result - when I go directly to /horde/mimp/, I get mimp!
Actually commenting out all of it would be even faster.

Hope this helps someone trying to do the same thing...

Actually I was hoping that setting the "allow_guest" in registry.php for mimp
would achieve this but it doesn't...

Akom