[mimp] Re: mimp login problem

Andy McDuffie andy at big-science.com
Tue Sep 14 14:57:36 PDT 2004

> No, it's not a problem that they don't match. Are the devices that
> you're having
> trouble with potentially ones that don't support cookies? Or have dodgy
cookie
> support? Take a look at mimp/login.php; the Secret::setKey() lines are
> probably
> relevant.
>
> -chuck

Thanks for the direction Chuck,

I see what you are saying, but will the "munge" method of setKey() not deal
with a lack of cookie support at least sometimes?  I need to be able to
connect using a variety of cell phones (mostly motorola, but also LG and
Nokia), and have been using the actual phones, manufacturer's SDK emulators
for the same, and also a trial version of SmartPhone emulator to try and
login to MIMP, but no luck yet.  Is it possible all of these could be foiled
by the cookie problem?

- Andy