[mimp] Folder list new message indicator/counts

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Mar 22 16:26:34 PST 2006

> Zitat von Rick Emery <rick at emery.homelinux.net>:
>
>> Something that I would find beneficial would be some kind of
>> indication in the folder list of which folders contain new (unseen)
>> messages (a count of new messages would be even better).
>>
>> So, I was playing around with the code a little. I got optimistic
>> because MIMP_Tree is extended from IMP_Tree, and IMP_Tree appears to
>> contain the count of unseen messages for each folder. But MIMP_Tree
>> doesn't appear to have that information.
>
> MIMP_Tree doesn't extend IMP_Tree, but IMAP_Tree. You need to override
> IMAP_Tree::build() in MIMP_Tree, similar to how it is overriden in
> IMP_Tree, especially the call of isPolled() is important.
>
>> Is that correct? Or am I missing something?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Rick
>>
>> P.S. I understand (and agree with) why MIMP is meant to be as
>> minimalist as possible...I just want to confirm my findings and make
>> sure I'm not missing something simple.
>
> I would like to see this in MIMP too, fwiw.

The biggest obstacle is that MIMP does not share IMP's prefs (and this
is correct behavior when/until we make MIMP an "alternate view" of
IMP).  So we don't have the nav_poll pref we can use to determine
which folders should be checked.  WE would have to figure out a
lightweight way of allowing the user to indicate via MIMP's folders
screen which folders they would like to check for new mail.

michael