[mimp] Folder list new message indicator/counts

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Thu Mar 23 08:25:54 PST 2006

>> Zitat von Rick Emery <rick at emery.homelinux.net>:
>>
>>> Something that I would find beneficial would be some kind of
>>> indication in the folder list of which folders contain new (unseen)
>>> messages (a count of new messages would be even better).
>>>
>>> So, I was playing around with the code a little. I got optimistic
>>> because MIMP_Tree is extended from IMP_Tree, and IMP_Tree appears to
>>> contain the count of unseen messages for each folder. But MIMP_Tree
>>> doesn't appear to have that information.
>>
>> MIMP_Tree doesn't extend IMP_Tree, but IMAP_Tree. You need to override
>> IMAP_Tree::build() in MIMP_Tree, similar to how it is overriden in
>> IMP_Tree, especially the call of isPolled() is important.
>>
>>> Is that correct? Or am I missing something?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>> Rick
>>>
>>> P.S. I understand (and agree with) why MIMP is meant to be as
>>> minimalist as possible...I just want to confirm my findings and make
>>> sure I'm not missing something simple.
>>
>> I would like to see this in MIMP too, fwiw.
>
> The biggest obstacle is that MIMP does not share IMP's prefs (and this
> is correct behavior when/until we make MIMP an "alternate view" of
> IMP).  So we don't have the nav_poll pref we can use to determine
> which folders should be checked.  WE would have to figure out a
> lightweight way of allowing the user to indicate via MIMP's folders
> screen which folders they would like to check for new mail.

Is that why isPolled() *always* returns false? I was pulling my hair
out over that last night (I even pulled the line that is isPolled()
out and put it in MIMP_Tree, but got the same results...the
IMAPTREE_ELT_IS_POLLED bit in $mailbox['a'] just doesn't seem to be
set).

Thanks,
Rick

P.S. Should this move to the "dev" list, or is it okay here?
--
Rick Emery

  you will always long to return"
                                               -- Leonardo Da Vinci