[mimp] Folder list new message indicator/counts

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Thu Mar 23 10:53:53 PST 2006

> The biggest obstacle is that MIMP does not share IMP's prefs (and this
> is correct behavior when/until we make MIMP an "alternate view" of
> IMP).  So we don't have the nav_poll pref we can use to determine
> which folders should be checked.  WE would have to figure out a
> lightweight way of allowing the user to indicate via MIMP's folders
> screen which folders they would like to check for new mail.

In the vein of "IMP is feature rich, but MIMP is not meant to be",
couldn't we (I) just poll all displayed folders?

I agree that a UI to allow users to select which folders to poll would
be "heavy", so I'd rather have all folders polled than none. But maybe
that's just me?

Or how about a MIMP pref to either poll folders or not (with "all"
folders being the only option)?

On a related note, I've never seen options in my MIMP menu (I've
always had to log in to Horde on my desktop to set MIMP options). Are
the options supposed to be available from the mobile device?

Thanks,
Rick
--
Rick Emery