[nag] Nag and get-based urls?

Christian Luetgens horde at luetgens.org
Sat Nov 10 13:32:25 UTC 2012

Hi.

Am 10.11.2012 10:18, schrieb Florian Brandner:

> So, is nag requiring pretty urls? Ad where can I find the rules nag
> wants? Thanks!

Yes, nag is broken by design and relies on its web server to rewrite
URLs linking to nonexistent objects. I think "pretty" in this context
means something like "bad code".

You have to change your web server configuration to either fix the bad
URLs or use the .htaccess that comes with horde and does the very same
thing. If there is actual documentation for this, I did not find it.

This is my apache configuration which allows for the default .htaccess
that comes with horde to be used:

         <Directory /var/www/horde>
                 options followsymlinks
                 allowoverride fileinfo limit
		[...]
         </Directory>

If you include the contents of the .htaccess file in your web server
configuration, you can obviously omit the "allowoverride" directive. You
might want to do that if "allow from all" is not your way to go.

Worst upgrade ever.

Regards,
Christian Luetgens